THE MEGAPHONE

• August 15Day 2 (Mass schedule)

Streiff named athletics director

Seagrave resigns, plans move to Arizona

Mr.+Rick+Streiff%2C+who+removed+football+posters+off+the+Loretto+railing+last+December%2C+has+been+named+the+athletics+director.+
Mr. Rick Streiff, who removed football posters off the Loretto railing last December, has been named the athletics director.

Riis Wilson '18

Riis Wilson '18

Megaphone Staff

School officials announced on July 31 the resignation of Ahletics Driector Mr. Doug Seagrave and the appointment of Mr. Rick Streiff to that position.

An edited version of the text of the school’s announcement:

After leading one of the top high school athletic programs in Indiana for five years, Mr. Doug Seagrave has resigned as the thletics director of Cathedral High School. “There’s no doubt Cathedral High School is a special place,” Seagrave said. “There is a reason parents want their kids to play sports at Cathedral and it’s because of the coaches. Cathedral has an outstanding coaching staff and I’m going to miss working with all of those talented men and women.”

Seagrave is moving to Scottdale, Arizona so that his 17-year-old-son Jackson can play golf year round and attend high school. Seagrave’s wife will join them as much as possible as her company does work in both Scottsdale and Indianapolis. Seagrave said, “Jackson qualified for State last year as a sophomore, so I’m excited to see where his golf talents take him. While I am going to miss Cathedral, this is definitely an exciting time for my family.”

While Cathedral is sad to see Seagrave go, the school is thrilled to announce Mr. Rick Streiff is the new athletics director. Streiff, the state’s all-time leader in coaching State football championships, retired from coaching in November 2017. He most recently served as Cathedral’s assistant athletics director and said he’s excited to take on his new responsibilities.

“I’m thrilled to lead one of the premier high school athletic programs in the state, if not the Midwest,” Streiff said. “Sports have always been a part of my life and Cathedral has been a part of my life for more than two decades. To say that I’m excited would be an understatement.”

“Rick was an easy choice,” says Principal Mr. Dave Worland. “I’m thrilled for the opportunity that Doug has with his son and I’m equally excited to announce Rick’s new role at Cathedral. Rick has a proven track record around the country as a successful coach and a role model.”

Seagrave’s resignation is effective Sept. 1. The school hopes to fill the assistant athletics director position internally.