Taking the March 9 SAT? What you need to know

Test-takers should arrive no later than 7:30 a.m.

Classrooms+in+the+theology++hallway+were+among+those+used+for+the+PSAT+on+Oct.+14.+

Cathedran file photo

Classrooms in the theology hallway were among those used for the PSAT on Oct. 14.

Megaphone Staff

Students taking the SAT on March 9 at Cathedral should arrive on campus no later than 7:30 a.m., according to Ms. Erin Bethuram ’97, registrar and testing coordinator. They should enter Kelly Hall at the student entrance and look for posted signs that will inform them of their assigned testing room, which will be in the theology or social studies hallway.

Students should be sure to bring their admission ticket, a current ID with a photo, non-mechanical pencils, water and snacks. They should not bring a phone, iPad or any other electronic device into their testing room. Smart watches also may not be worn.

A current Cathedral photo ID would meet the ID requirement, as would a current government-issued identification card, such as a driver’s license or a passport.

Students who take the SAT on March 9 without the essay should expect to be finished between 11:45 and 12:30, and those who are writing the essay will conclude their test between 12:55 and 1:15.

Bethuram wrote in an email, “Get a good night’s sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, take some deep breaths and be mindful. And remember you can take the SAT again.”