Senior ready to tell her story at Open House

Buford said serving provides a way to give back

Senior+Taryn+Buford+will+serve+as+a+volunteer+tour+guide+at+the+Nov.+14+Open+House.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Taryn Buford will serve as a volunteer tour guide at the Nov. 14 Open House.

Marcella Ventresca

Marcella Ventresca

Marcella Ventresca

Marcella Ventresca, Reporter

Open House on Nov. 14 gives prospective students and families a better understanding of what the school is and what it stands for, and a veteran tour guide for the event says she ready to share her Cathedral story.

Senior Taryn Buford, who volunteered last year, shared her experience. Buford said, “The Open House at Cathedral is such an important part of our school and how we attract other people, so being a part of it by being a tour guide is always fun because I get to individually attract people to the school I love.”

When guests arrive, teachers, staff and students welcome them. For anybody wondering what makes the school special, Open House gives a good view of what life on the Hill is like.

When parents and students are in their tour groups, they can ask their guides any questions. Buford said she has enjoyed her time as a volunteer and thinks it’s a great way to bond with people. She said, “I think it’s important for prospective students to make a connection with tour guides because if they end up choosing Cathedral, they will have a face they recognize.”

Not only do student ambassadors enjoy their time, but they also earn service hours as well. Buford said, “Being a tour guide my last two years at Cathedral has led me to know my own school better and gives me the chance to share my experience with others.”