New teacher feature: Meet Br. Jimenez

Photo submitted

Br. Roberto Jimenez

Megaphone Staff

Br. Roberto Jimenez, theology teacher

BA, St. Edward’s University; MA, Incarnate Word University.

Why did you choose to apply to Cathedral? I chose to come and teach of Cathedral because of the rich tradition it has and most importantly because the Brothers of Holy Cross have been a part of this institution from its foundation.

Describe your professional experience prior to Cathedral. I have been teaching for almost 30 years. I have taught elementary through college. Most recently, I was teaching at Holy Cross, New Orleans and Holy Trinity in Chicago before becoming an administrator of three parishes in Chicago. Last year I ministered at St. Adalbert School in South Bend.

This year’s Cathedral theme is Excellence. How will you carry out this goal in your classroom? I am going to bring the goodness in every student. I feel that through accepting everyone’s wholesomeness, I will see the excellent academic, spiritual and nonsense of every student. I will make sure that through the life experience of everyone, Cathedral becomes an excellent source of inspiration for all. In my classroom, students will be challenged and expected to do their best envisaging. As Fr. Moreau says, “All teaching lies in the best approach to an individual student.”

What are your professional and personal goals at Cathedral this year? My personal goals this year are to sit and observe the culture of the school and engage in it as much as possible.

What is an interesting fact about you that students would be surprised to know? An interesting fact is that I was student body president of St Edward’s University. Also, my intramural football, basketball and volleyball teams won the championship my senior year at SEU.